Red rash in the buttocks, no blisters, lotrimin ultra cream the solution ?

I developed a red rash in the crease of my butt crack from the top all the way down on the inside of the skin folds and have had for about 3 days! The color is bright red and no blisters but feels hot and sore. I looks like Intertrigo and I have applied OTC hydrocortisone cream and neosporin but not much improvement. I just swithced today and will try lotrimin Ultra cream antifungal. Any suggestions docs?. I am a male 51 and fairly athletic 170 lbs 6-1. I may of kept my work out clothes on to long after working out and moisture remained in the undergarments after working out for a few hours. Help would be highly appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012