Red rash all over the body after taking amoxicillin for a lump in the neck. Has white spots in throat, bleeding gums. Suggestions?

Hi my son discovered a lump in his neck left side at beginning September 2012. He had felt tired and run down and after visiting GP twice was prescribed antibiotic Amoxicillin . On finishing the course of antibiotic he came out in a red rash which worsened to an all over almost sunburned rash all over. We went to hospital where after discussion a test was taken for Glandular Fever , it came back positive. We were advised that the rash was due to Amoxicillin being prescribed. My son is in his last year at Uni studying Bio Science and has struggled with tiredness and studying. Over the last week he has advised me of tiredness and loss of appetite, is this purely to do with the virus and stress of exams? He also has white spots in throat again which he had when originally diagnosed. He also has bleeding gums and has advised today was coughing up blood last night.. I will be making appoint with GP tomorrow but wonder if you can advise meantime. Thank you E.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013