Red rash after wiping bowel movement, diagnosed fissure given lotion. Cured comes back quickly?

I have a question please. Everytime I have a bowel movement, I always have t use so much toilet paper to make sure it is completely clean. I even check the TP because I want it to all be gone so I don't smell or get bacterial infections. Also, I tend to wipe hard which in turn leaves red skid marks. My doctor told me I had a fissure and gave my lotion for it. It seemed to go away but I guess it comes back quick. Am I doing anything wrong and what can I do?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Anal fissures occur most commonly due to chronic constipation. I suggest you include lots of fiber in your diet to have easy and smooth bowel movements. Drink at least 3-4 liters of water per day.
Perianal skin is sensitive and vigorous rubbing may cause contact irritation which also predisposes for infection by fungi and bacteria. I suggest you keep these areas clean and dry.
Sitz baths will help relieve pain due to fissure and also cleanse the area.
Thanks.