Red, raised, itchy spots on arms, legs, thighs, groin. What could this be?

itchy rash , first thought it was bug bites since we had gone camping in NY. Appeared on legs and arms first, starts as red raised spot (liek bite) but when you scratch it, more reddish bumps appear, sometimes intensely itchy, more at night, keeps me from sleeping. Also the rash comes and goes, I tried anti itch cream and it gets better but then will appear soemwhere else. Anytime a clothing seam pressea into skin, little itchy bumps appear along it, then it spreads when you scratch it. Started on upper arms, lower legs, then on thigs, and then started appearing in groin area and between thigs. It also caused bruising on my thigs, and i haven t scratched THAT much. What can cause this?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012