Red, purple spots on chin, releases litlle pus, blood while pierced. Cause and treatment?

Recently, i have had two or three very red/purple lump like spots under the skin with no head, they have all been on my chin . They take a minimum of a week to clear - one was so painful when i touched it that i popped it with a sterilised needle to relieve pressure. very little pus came out, mostly blood and it has not reduced the size at all. what are these? what is the cause? how can i treat them as i have tried everything and nothing is working?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012