Red, puffy, irritated right eye. Prescribed with Zyrtec, eye drop. What could be the reason?

Hi doctor, my question 6 year old daughter has been having redness of the right eye for about a week now and around her eye gets all puffy and irritated. We called her doctor and told them what was happening and they recommended Zyrtec cause it sounded like allergies to them and told me that if her actual eye ball got red then call then back because that would probably mean that she had pink eye. Well I called them back and they called in a eye drop for pink eye. Well she has been fine and we have had no problem with her eye for a couple of days. Then just a little while ago her school nurse called for us to come check my daughter out because her eye was swollen, irritated, and red. Well we got her home and started looking at her eye and we pulled the lower lid down and there is this puffy, air pocket looking thing. It goes from the far right edge to about middle ways under her eye. I have no clue what this is and I was wondering if you do? Like I said, it is on the inside under her bottom eye lid of her right eye. Please help and give me some kind of idea what this is!
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012