Red pimple like bumps on inner thigh, around cleft of butt. What could it be?

Hi, I m 16 years old and I ve never had any type of sexual incounter. Today after I came home from a friends house I noticed I had these red pimplish bumps on my inner thigh and around the cleff of my butt. I m not bigger, but I am average, and yes my legs rub together when I walk. I usually get little rashes inbetween my legs, but none like this. What is it? Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012

After long time walking,friction of thighs might lead to damage to hair follicles.

And that may be followed by follicultis.

So I feel you may be having follicultis.

Along with that,you may be having candidal infection, and that may be due to perspiration.

Avoid soap bath, use dettol liquid for bath.

Keep the area dry.

Take antibiotics for few weeks.

Antifungal tab like ketoconazole may be taken.

If there is itching, take antihistaminic.

Apply antibiotic and antifungal creams.

You should take rest for few days.

However, you may consult dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD