Red pimple like bump coming from 5 month old tattoo onto regular skin, hips sore. Signs of infection ?

I have a 5 month old tattoo on my hip that I had done by a friend. She tattooed it pretty bad, and made my skin like hamburger meat. It healed fairly well though, she just went two deep with the ink I think. I have never had a problem with it until now randomly. I have a red pimple looking bump coming out from the tattoo onto my regular skin. I noticed it earlier because my hip became sore, but now it s getting more swollen and more sore. I m just curious to see if this is something I should be concerned about. Like staff, mrsa , or ink poisoning.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012

Thanks for writing here.

Tattoo can cause skin infections.

This can occur during penetration of tattoo needle in to skin.

Other thing it can be due to tatoo dye reaction.

Lastly red spot can be due to keloid at tattoo.

It will be better to meet a dermatologist and start treatment early.

Hope this will help you.Take care.