Red, patchy, sore, itchy penis, discharge with smell. Used ointments, no relief. Solution?

I have had penile thrush since february 2011 and have several creams. I have been checked for STI s and all tests came back negative. Ive had urine samples and swabs which recently found no thrush but my penis still gets red, patchy, sore, itchy with a bit of discharge and funny smell. I was sent to see a Urologist at the hospital who has given me BETNOVATE RD OINTMENT 0.25mg and I have been using it for 6 days but my penis still is coming up in red patches . What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012