Red patches on upper part of body, diagnosed as pityriasis rosea. On zoderm cream and forcan. What is the solution for itching?

Hi , I had red patches on my upper part of the body alone. Doctor had diagnosed it as Pityriasis Rosea . He told me it wil go in 28 days. After 28 days it was reduced to a considerable extend but itching and some skin discolouring was still there. Then he said it is Pityriasis Versicolor and I am taking "Zoderm cream and Forcan ( 3 tablets ) for 3 weeks . He said this condition takes total 8 weeks to go and he has asked me to wait for 3 more weeks. I am not sure if the diaginisis is correct . Itching is really bad.Please give your suggestion
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013