Red patches on the penis that comes and goes

i have red patches on my penis and they stay for a few days than desapire an comming beck again, this process continues for the past 1.5 year. I am 75 years old and consulted urologist an dermatologist ,no improvements.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011

Welcome to HCM.

Red patches are petichial haemorrhages from capillaries.
Are you taking some medicines for heart disease? If you are taking some anticoagulant drugs, it could cause such red patches which gradually get absorbed may may recur if fresh capillary bleeding occurs.

You need not worry about it and it does not require any treatment. If you are taking drugs for heart disease, you should inform about this to your cardiologist.
Wish you good health.