Red patches on breasts, small capillaries visible, dilated blood vessels. Is it cancer?

I have red patches on my breasts, You can see small capillaries. Have been to the doctor and says they are dilated blood vessels. Didn't seem to concerned. Should I be worried. Have had for about 4 weeks. Very worried that i could have cancer. At times it looks redder for eg after showering or If I become hot. Are dilated blood vessels something to worry about and what causes them and will they disappear.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Hi, as you describe they are definitely to be considered. It could be due to deep vein thrombosis, or deep infection. cancer may not present like this.
So i advise you to consult a vascular surgeon, for diagnosis and treatment , you may need to have color dopler for confirmation. Thank you.