Red patch, pain in the left side of thoracic cage. Solution?

Hi , I am 43 year old man. I felt a couple of days ago a pain on the left side of the thoracic cage , when I breathe it does not hurt.the pain is specifically to the left side and I need to pitch for the paint subside, I have been applying an anti inflammatory but the pain is still there. Today when looking at it in the morning I saw that there was a red patch acpuple of centimeters away fro the thoracic cage sone sort of exam with inflammation and pain.what should I do
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013