Red patch on roof of mouth, gums blotchy. Suspecting HIV. Suggestions?

I have been going to the dentist for deep cleanings, about three months ago, they noticed a red patch on the roof of my mouth, they said it could be so little as just a pigment difference, they would keep an eye on it. The deep cleaning hasnt gotten the results I have wanted, and a specialist is coming to look at it in April, but yesterday I woke up and my gums were blotchy with redder spots, and there was a somewhat white film. I freaked out and called my Dr because I dont feel like the dentist has been taking this seriously. When I went to the Dr he stated he thought it wasnt fungal , and the gums werent of concern, but he wasnt a specialist and he thought the the red patch on my palate may me an indicator of HIV . I got tested, but they told me it would be a few days, and I m losing my mind over this. Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013