Red patch on nose, nasal swelling, redness, hot to touch. Due to binge eating sugary foods?

over the past 7 weeks I have developed a small red patch across the bridge of my nose . Along with this I also have flare-up which only seem to happen in the evening where my nose, swells, becomes redder, throbs, and is hard and hot to touch at the bottom (the tip). This last for around an hour to and hour and a half. The skin also looks quite shiny when this happens. I had a problem with binge eating throughout December on very unhealthy sugary foods. I no longer do but could this have caused it?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013