Red patch on lower left side of tongue. Problem?

About two weeks ago I noticed that I have a red patch about the size of a pea on the lower left side of my tongue. It is not protruding as it is the same height as my tongue. It is not painful in any way, just visually unappealing. Nor does it have more acute sensitivity compared to the rest of my tongue to spicy/salty/sweet (etc.) foods. What might this be?
Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Welcome to HCM.
There are so many conditions but it is commonly seen in deficiencies of folic acid and vitamin B-12.
Other condition called benign migratory glossitis, is named for the map-like pattern of reddish spots that develop on the surface of the tongue.
Go for complete course of oral and even intra muscular injections of b12,folic acid.
Avoid any spicy,oily food.Take simple diet.
Get examined by your physician and start proper treatment .