Red patch near right calf, redness on left ankle. Previous knee joint injury. Cure?

I have developed a round, red crusty patch on the side of my lower right calf . Can you give me an idea of what I might be dealing with? I also have an irregular area of red, splotchy skin on the inside area of my left ankle. The left leg has numerous vericose veins and blood has settled under the skin due to venious deficiency. This leg was severly damaged at the knee joint years ago and the injury exacerbated by alcoholism in my history. Have been alcohol free since 1998.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012