Red, painless sores on the penis and shaft. Prescribed methyl prednisolone, oral steroid, no help. Any better treatment ?

I have red, painless nodules/sores on the glans penis (two of them) and one on the shaft of my penis. I suspected that it could have been an allergic reaction to some new fabric softener sheets for our laundry. My physician prescribed methylprednisolone , an oral steroid, and didn t so much as look at the rash. At first, I thought I had scabies due to overall itching to everywhere on my body (the sores on my penis do not itch), but the physician said that it was unlikely because I had no rash or itching on hands or feet. The rash doesn t seem to be going away and still looks inflamed at times. I m also using hydrocortisone cream 1% on the sores twice a day, The healing process, if they re healing at all, seems to be taking a while. Any suggestions as to a better diagnosis or a better treatment?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012