Red, painful blister on toe. Applied antibacterial gel. Can you help?

Hi I am getting married in just over one week. 3 weeks ago I had what I believed to be my first dose of athletes foot as my tip two left toes were red and very itchy. I bought some athletes foot stuff from the pharmacy but it didnt help. I have been to the doctors twice and each time they say it is athletes foot but have been apparently given a strong dose if cream each time. It has definitely helped in the last week however now the real problem is that I have a very painful red and almost hard blister kind of sore in my 3rs toe and it is inbetween as well as in top. I have been googling for help all night and in the end put some anti bacterial hand gel on it as many people suggested it works-I really hope so but I am somewhat panicking! Can u help?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013