Red mottled rash on upper body front and back, pricky with fever. Is it allergy ?

My grandson had a red motteled rash on his upper body front and back. It is prickely but is flat so it does not look like a heat rash or anything that raises to a bump. H did run a slight fever but is fine now except the rash as not gone away. Could it be a form of heat rash or is it more likely a allergic reaction to something. He is six. Thank you I will check with his family and get back to you I may just take his to his peditrition tomorrow.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012