Red line around ankle, itching, pain

Hi, I ve had a red line around my ankles for months now. I always thought it was from socks but it started itching like crazy and it would hurt so bad, but the last few months it has stopped, but I ve still had these red swollen lines around my ankles and today my left ankle became really irritated again and started itching like crazy. Please tell me what i can do to make this all go away?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012

You seem to have developed an allergic skin disease.
You should avoid applying any kind of skin irritants like dettol, spirit over it.

You might need to apply a topical steroid cream over the affected area twice a day for few days.
Take some oral antihistamines along.
See a nearby dermatologist if the condition tends to persist despite this therapy.
You might need a course of oral steroids.

Hope it helps,

Dr Geetika Paul.