Red large bumps on arms and legs, itchy, recurrent. What could this be?

Hello, I have had these fairly large red bumps appear on my arms and legs over the past two weeks. These bumps appear the same as mosquito bites and are extremely itching. I have been managing the itchiness with gold bond anti-itch cream, however it only helps to a degree. The bumps start out being red, turn into a purple bruise like color and then reduced in size and color. The first time the bumps surfaced about around the 4th day of taking the z-pack ( azithromycin ). It has been exactly two weeks since then. From what I have seen online, medication reactions typically go away after 72 hrs. I have ruled out bed bugs and scabies . The bumps become more itchy during the night and seem related to heat. Additionally, a new bump appears almost every other day. I have changed my diet or laundry detergent. There has been a decrease in the temperature outside, but no other changes besides that. Any advice?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012