Red, itchy spots on upper body and scalp. No relief with cortisone. Can you help?

Hi. I have been getting red itchy spots over my upper body and scalp (not on back or legs) for the past 3 years. No doctor i ever seen has been able to pinpoint the problem. I tried cortisone based creams, natural creams, pills for allergies but nothing helped. I was told a possibility of being psychological based due to stress (i noticed that in particularly stressful times, the itch is stronger). Can you please help? It is unbearable. I am even willing to try acupuncture if it would help. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013