Red, itchy spots on leg, bleed after itching, infection of the hair follicles, taken medicine, not cured

I have red itchy spots that appear on my lower legs mainly. If I itch them they can bleed and take a long time to disappear. They first appeared last year, late summer. Went away over the winter and have now returned with avengence since March. Visited my GP who said it may be an infection of the hair follicles, prescribed medication , no real change. Went back, another GP gave cream - made no real difference. Gave up!
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Hi yes red itchy spots on the leg especially in summer can be folliculites which s infection of hair csn be due to eccessive sweating or can be treated by atarax 25 mg at night.antibiotic twice daily and application of t bact ointment over the lesions can cure the condition.