Red itchy skin eruptions on my arms and chest. Is it allergy ?

I am 75 years old. Male. I have also had a dry skin all my life. For the last 3 months I have been having a problem of red itchy spots erupting on my skin, first on my right leg, and now on various places on my arms and chest . Suspecting a fungus problem [which I have had a problem with in the past] I used Mycota cream on the spots on my leg which removed the spots, but left some scar tissue. Because of the meager pension we get, I cannot even afford the consultation fee, let alone the possible medication. Hence I am trying this method. I am even suspecting a possible allergy , but can that cause this?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011