Red itchy rashes, swelling. On anti histamine cream. Will it be okay?

my daughter came up in a red itchy rash all over the exposed parts of her body that were in the sun on holiday last year and her face became swollen. We were using a factor 50 sun lotion and she was wearing a uv sun suit all of the time. We saw a doctor as piriton was having no effect and he prescribed a anti- histamine stronger than piriton and a cream to apply to the rash. It started to go down within a few days but then her face felt like sandpaper and was very dry. He said she had a sun allergy . What can i use this year on holiday to prevent it?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013