Red itchy rash on neck, hot to touch, spreading, diabetes. OTC medication?

I have had a red, flat itchy rash on my neck for 3 days. I have not changed any part of my routine. The rash seems mildly hot to the touch and becomes very hot feeling in the shower. It seems to be spreading at a very slow pace (about 1 in higher up the neck and 1 in further across the neck since 3 days ago). It also is not symmetrical. I am a type 1 diabetic and am looking into any over the counter relief. Please advise. It seems to be almost blotchy looking
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012