Red, itchy, painful bumps on body. Recurring. White scabs. Shingles?

It s not Shinges? I have suffered with what I thought was hives or allergies to thyroid meds, but seemed impossible after 5 years into now 10 yrs without a thyroid. I had severe complications due to misdiagnosed over active thyroid for almost 2 years, on heart meds, in hind sight although several doctors said impossible, damaged lungs and asthma to what I now believe that I had pulminary lung problems, coughing up foam and blood during the over active thyroid espisode. I bring this up due to my now 6 year bought with what feels and acts like shingles but does not look like it at all. and not really typical. first episode was literally all over my body like chicken pox , no blisters, no fluid, small red bump, itchy painful, but scams are more itchy and never heals, I have had some areas where they stay for 3 years or more, and suddenly with no meds disappear within days after years of torture, only to reappear suddenly in another area. there is no cluster, the scabs are dry white and painful, when healed area is still painful like shingles, but looking at hundres of pics, mine do not look like shingles, they look like chickenpox , more spread out but yes, in somewhat of same area of a breakout circle. One doctor said scabies? nope, tested for all that years before. if it s not Shingles what is it?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013