Red itchy bumps on torso, arms, spreading, no pus. Using tea tree oil. Causes?

Need help with contagious little itchy red bumps that spread. Mostly on my torso and arms. They are not puss-filled or crusty, no other symptoms ( fever , cold etc) exist. Have had them for a good 5 days now and my husband just started getting them on his arm. They are really itchy! The only thing, so far, that seems to calm the itch is tea tree oil. I have checked our bed thoroughly for bed bugs and see no evidence at all of them. Help would be MUCH appreciated!
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012