Red itchy bumps on skin on hands, thigh and knees in the morning. What can be happening?

Hi I have been waking up on a morning with red itchy bumps on my skin, they are usually on my hands and arms, however i have had one on my thigh and knee aswell, ive checked my mattress for bed bugs but i cant see any, ive washed my bedsheets and checked my duvet and pillows but i cant see anything. Its been happening a few times now for the last few weeks. I dont get them every morning , but they are really itchy and annoying and i just want to know what is causing this.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
anything can start reacting suddenly with body proteins to cause allergy
can be medicines for other ailments
dyes shampoo oils cooking oils
body application mayerials powders and food or pollens or fungi
need to consult allergy dctor to find the cause to treat