Red, itchy bumps on calves. Taking Prednisone, Benadryl. What else can I do?

I have a rash that started on my lower calves on fori ( looked like a few razor bumps from shaving) it has since spread up my legs, to my thighs, skipped my trunk, is all over my neck and face. I have been to the Dr and the ER, and they have ordered prednisone taper for 11 days. this rash is extremely red, bumpy and ITCHY. I am a nurse myself, but with 2 days of prednisone on board, it has not gotten any better. In fact, it has gotten worse. The itching and inflamation is out of control. I have been taking 50 mg benadryl around the clock, taking aveeno oatmeal baths...what else can I do? I am wondering if it started out as folliculitis on my legs? Is it possible to spread by contact?? No one seems to know what to do. I am in desperate need of some relief
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013