Red itchy bumps on arms, hands, look like insect bites. Allergic reaction due to car paint?

I have about 10 itchy red bumps that have appeared on right arm and hand (and two on the right side of my back) since the day before yesterday. They look a bit like insect bites (but with no bite mark - they are smooth not rough). The ones which were and very irritable yesterday have shrunk down now. I suspect it may be an allergic reaction since I came into contact with some metallic car paint on the day that I first noticed the bumps. But I am also concerned about other possibilities . . .
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012