Red inflammation under tongue and dry sore throat. On antihistamines. Suggest?

Hi i have got red inflammation under the tongue and a dry sore throat that comes and goes. I woke up with it yesterday morning and throughout the day it feels better then this morning it was bad again probably because it had dried out. The inflammation is more on the left side under the tongue but i have a sore muscle/ gland on the other side of my jaw. I went to an after hours doctor because the feeling in my throat feels tight but he gave me antihistamines. I am not sure these are the best thing.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013