Red, inflamed spot on mouth, adjacent to uvula, bleeding. Tonsillectomy done. Causes?

My wife has a red inflamed looking spot on the left posterior portion of her mouth, adjacent to her uvula . She had a tonsillectomy in the past and has small white patches at the back of her throat. It bleeds if you push on it she says. About 6 months ago she had the same thing and had it tested for strep and it was negative she is wondering what it is/what to do. At that time they didn t culture it, only tested it for strep. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013