Red inflamed fore skin and red blotches on penis head, feels uncomfortable, sore feeling on my penis. What's the cause and treatment?

Hi, about 3 weeks ago I went to the doctors as I had a red inflamed foreskin and red blotches on the head of my penis. The dr said it was thrush and prescibed canestan HC cream. I applied this twice daily for 4 days and the skin cleared up, but the tip of my penis was a little sore/ uncomfortable but looked fine. This did go a couple of days later (I took potassium citrate in case that helped), but the red blotches and inflamed foreskin started again. This cleared by itself within a few days, but now I have the uncomfortable, slightly sore feeling again at the tip of my penis, but there is nothing untoward to see. I'm not in agony, but it feels uncharacteristically sensitive and I don't feel "right". Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013