Red eyes, eczema, brown spot on white part of eyes, allergies. Will refresh eye drops help?

Hello, my 7 year old daughter suffers from constant red eyes due to allergies. She has Eczema , and suffers from other allergies. I noticed after a couple of weeks of red eyes that she started to have a brown spot on the white part of her eyes, I took her to the doctor and they would not give me any antibiotics . They advised me to purchase Refresh eye drops. Should I be concerned or is this part of having red eyes? Thank you for any guidance you may offer.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012