Red eye, watering, pus build up, bacterial or viral infection. Medications for pain management?

i have a red eye . its doesn t really itch but its watery no matter build up or anything but i have a place on my eye like a puss build up almost looks like a pimple on my eye itself. it hurts really bad i went to my baby dr about it today he said he thought it might be a viral or a bacterial infection but was not very sure and did not give me anything for it. is their something i can get over the counter that will numb it atleast
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012