Red eye from saltwater heated pool. How to cure this?

I went with my best friend yesterday andm in as salt water heated pool and when I got out my face under my eyes were red and they still hurt. I also went into a dry and wet sona and I was fine in the wet sona but I noticed the reddness later after we got of of the dry sona and I do not know what is happening to my face.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for your query.

It is common to have red eyes, not just from salty water but also from the chlorine added to pool water, to disinfect it.

Do not worry as this is considered normal, and usually subsides in a day or two. You could in the meantime apply a cold compress to your closed eyes (eyelids).

Best wishes.