Red dots all over the thigh, spreading to the legs, feet and arms, itching. What could this be?

I woke up yesterday morning with red dots all over my thighs, they were flat, didnt itch , and everyone of them had a white ring around them. Throughout the day i noticed they were slowing spreading down my legs, some of them looked to have become swollen, some began to become raised and others stayed the same. Last night a couple of them began to itch but not all of them. I woke up this morning with more red spots, more that had become larger and swollen as well as more that started to itch. They have now made it down to my feet . It seems as if they are spreading possibly to my arms. I have about a handful on my arms. Other than the white ring around them they look very similar to a mosquito bite just without the annoying itch all day long. Do you have any idea what these may be?? I showed the doctors i work for today and they had no idea.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012