Red circular area on top of hand, tender when touched. What could be this?

Hi, last weekend while in the shower I noticed a red circular area on the top of my hand that was tender when touched. It was gone, or at least looked like it was gone the next day...tenderness disappeared as well. This weekend I again noticed the same thing while in the shower but this time there is a white circular spot in the middle of the discoloration. The tenderness is only when I touch the white area...what could cause this?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013