Red, burning foot with pus through scab post stepping rusty nail, had tetanus shot, using neosporin, not diabetic

I stepped on a rusty nail 5 weeks ago. I got a tetness shot the next day and antibiotics . A week later more antibiotics because it was still infecte. He also did a blood test to make sure I did not have dieibetes. The past few days it has been hurting . Woke up this morning with my foot red , burning and pus came out the scab on top. Now hole looks empty , I have put neosporine on it. I m a 54 yr old female
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012

See from the description, it is clear that you have developed cellulitis of the feet.
You need to take good Care of it since the infection has now been persistent since a long time.
You need a change of antibiotics since the infection does not seem to be responding to the antibiotics that you are taking at present.
You should see your physician again and get a pup culture repeated if possible and be accordingly treated.

Dr Geetika Paul