Red bumps with pus on the lower leg spreading to thigh and navel, painful to touch. What is the cause and remedy?

I recently had two small red bumps appear on my lower leg that i thought were some type of mosquito bite or some small bug then the next day one appeared on my thigh and then navel...They are small slightly painful to the touch and has a very small puss bump on each...curious to what this could be and how to treat it until i can get to my doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012

It seems that you may be having lichen urticatus.

It is also known as papular urticaria...caused by hypersensitive reaction to insect bites.

There there may be secondary bacterial infection.

You take antibiotics with anti inflammatory drugs.

Take antihistaminics like levocetirizine.

Apply antibiotic cream initially. After cleaning of infection, apply combined cream of steroid and antibiotic.

Avoid soap, you ma take dettol bath.

Try to be away from insects.

You may consult dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Payel MD