Red bumps on soft palate, tender, hurts to drink and eat. Have stuffy nose. Worried

Hello. My name is Michelle, and I have some small red bumps on my soft palate. They are tender, and it hurts when I drink hot liquids, eat hard foods, and sometimes when I swallow. I don't think it is strep, but I'm worried that it could be something worse. I am still recovering from an upper respiratory complications... stuffy nose, congestion, things like that. Any ideas about what could be going on? I'm worried that it could be something much worse... and my worst fear is that it is an std or something like that.... HELP please!
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013