Red bumps on roof of mouth, tiny, painless, rubbing against tongue. What could it be?

I have a small round patch of red bumps on roof of my mouth, soft palette back toward throat . I noticed 2 days ago sensation that there was something in my mouth in this location, like when u have a hair in your mouth. Just saw these red bumps tonight, they are tiny and painless, but I can feel them rubbing againstmy tongue . I have not consumed anything that would be too hot and damaging to my mouth tissue . What could it be?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012