Red bumps on penis head after swimming. What are they and why do they hurt?

My 23 month old son has a few red bumps located around the opening of his penis . I just noticed these little bumps today after going swimming (which we ve done alot of lately)... What could possibly cause red bumps to form around the opening of my toddlers pee pee hole? I gave him a bath, and when I used the wash rag to clean his private area, he said ouch . I m using a diaper rash cream and powder in the mean time... Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012