Red bumps on fingers, painful, pus formation. Is it a camping affect?

At the beginning of the summer of 2012 I went on a 12 day kayaking trip in Glacier Bay Alaska. My instructor on the trip would get painful and itchy red bumps on the tops of his fingers. He said he never got them while kayaking anywhere else and they always went away a few weeks after the trip ended. He has talked to many people but has not been able to figure out what it is. I also got them on the trip, and while they did go away afterwards they have made several reappearance s. I can t link it to the cold as I just got them here in Florida. It might be associated with water, but I have gotten them even when I have been keeping relatively dry. The symptom begins as a painful slightly swollen red dot, a bit like a pimple . Its doesn t necessarily form a head with pus though it might. Eventually it dries out and leaves a slightly discolored scar which eventually fades.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
the condition u mentioned is usually related to cold. i would like to know if it develops even in summers. it is not necessary that it needs freezing cold for this to happen. if u notice it only in cold season it might be due to a condition called as raynauds phenomenon. try dipping ur finger in warm water, it may help