Red bumps after scratching. Why does it itch? Will coconut oil help?

Hi Doctor, Recently from last 3 weeks i am having body itching. Now a days when it itches and i scratch the itching part immediately it will show up red bump and will stay for half an hour and vanishes. Initially my family doctor had prescribed Tablet Laveta for 8 days. During this 8 days there was no itching after completing this again itching started and he prescribed my with Tablet INCID L for 10 days. I completed 10 days course and from last 2 days it again started itching. Today i had been to Skin doctor for expert opinion. He suggested that this is nothing serious and he prescribed my Tablet HYRAX 10 for 3 week and suggested to apply coconut oil so that it may give some relief. Kindly suggest your opinion on this the reason for this type of itching and how long will it take to cure. Your answers will be well taken. Regards, Veerendra Kuamr
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Hi, Veerendra,
Thanks for query.
There should be some allergen causing this rash and itching.
It may be from internal side like having worms infestation or external allergen like soap,duo spray,clothes or taking some eatables items.
Try to identify the allergen and avoid it.
See that have you started wearing new clothes,synthetic clothes or changed the soap,duo or lotion etc.
Go for anti worm tablet like dewormin or Alminth once in a week for 42 weeks.
Ok and bye.