Red bump near lip, spread on chin and cheeks, Hydrocortisone 0.5, virus or food allergies

My 8 month old son started out with a red raised bump near his lip a week ago. Since he is teething , I thought it was caused by the drool. As days went by, it had gotten worse and has spread to his chin and all over his cheeks. He had red bumps on his chest, but they went away. One doctor said it was a virus and the other doctor said it was food allergies . I ve been using Hydrocortisone 0.5 % at nite and nothing is happening. What do you think this rash is caused from
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012