Red bump in the left eye, diagnosed dacryocisitis, increasing eye pain. Taken keflex. Can the infection be drained out?

I had this painful red bump come up in the lower inner corner of my left eye on Wednesday, went to see an eye dr. On Friday, he told me it was dacryocisitis. Since then it area on my has gotten larger and increasing pain. I have been on Keflex since Friday. This morning it appears to have come to a head is draining, should it do this , and will or should it drain all of that infection out and be gone soon?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012