Red blotchy rash on neck. Rash on tummy. Soar throat. Applied calomine lotion. Cause?

Hi. My child has developed a bit of a red blotchy rash on part of his neck. He had a rash yesterday before going to bed which was on his tummy and back, but this morning it had cleared up again, so I didn't bother to make him an appointment with the Drs. Now its come back, but not as severely as it was yesterday. Does it sound like it could be something he's eaten that's causing the blotchy rash.
Oh and he's not poorly with it - no temperature and says he feels fine, although he did have a sore throat a couple of days ago. He said it was a little itchy last night so I put calomine lotion on him.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013